Rotary’s Areas of Focus
Our global mission to help the world focuses on six essential areas where we can focus our problem-solving efforts
Rotary’s global reach means that we can all contribute to helping someone—even if you’ve never met them before
Every Rotary Club meets once a week, twice a month, online, and in many cases on a social setting as a alternate and fun way to gather. Depending on the location, Rotary Clubs meet early in the morning for breakfast and before the workday starts, at lunch time or in the evening after members leave their place of work.
Rotary International has set its sights to focus on these six areas of global collaboration:
- Peace and Conflict Prevention/Resolution: Our goal is to help the people of the world understand the damaging nature of conflict by educating and promoting peaceful actions and leading them to viable solutions.
- Disease Prevention and Treatment: By taking proactive action in addressing health threats around the world, we can do our part in mitigating and treating preventable illnesses—including the crippling disease of Polio.
- Water and Sanitation: It is a well-known fact that water-borne diseases are one of the major threats to people around the world. Providing clean, safe and potable water can be a pathway to healthier people and human development.
- Maternal and Child Health: Nurturing the health and safety of a mother and her children is another important element of ensuring the well-being of our global community, particularly where famine, disease and conflict can challenge their survival.
- Basic Education and Literacy: If knowledge is power, we must ensure there are no obstacles to achieving it and most importantly—that education is within reach of every human being who can benefit from it.
- Economic and Community Development: Building a community’s sustainable future can reduce the challenges it may experience, while ensuring that its people can grow by pursuing the opportunities of economic well-being.
Every Rotary Club chooses how they can become involved in one or all of these Areas of Focus. Some Rotary Clubs participate in Global Grants, other start Service Projects and some even take part in global initiatives to vaccinate children against Polio. Perhaps you yearn doing your part in creating a better world? If you feel that this is your calling—then Rotary may be just for you.
Interested in joining a Rotary Club in Central Florida?
Rotary needs People of Action just like YOU to continue achieving its mission—and it all can start by requesting an invite to a Rotary meeting near your home or workplace. We continue building the next generation of Rotarian leaders to keep our wheel turning and fueling progress for our communities and the world as a whole.